Re: Espeakup-squeeze installer

Hi.
On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 08:07:36PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Kenny Hitt, le Fri 03 Jun 2011 04:37:20 -0500, a écrit :
> > Hi.  You can change the rate using echo
> > Just echo the value to /sys/accessibility/speakup/soft/rate.
> > The default on my system is 5, so to decrease the rate try a number from 1 to 4.
>
> Is there no keyboard shortcut for that?

Looks like I didn't spend enough time with the help system.  I never change synth parms, so I was trying keys from memory.
In the early days, speakup and function keys would let you change parms.
Looks like they have been moved to the number row of the
keyboard.  Speakup 5 should decrease rate and speakup 6 should increase it.  Note "speakup" is the modifyer key for speakup.
On a standard keyboard, it is mapped to keypad 0. On a laptop, the default is caps lock.

Sorry for the incomplete info in my first post.
          Kenny