Re: Bug in daisy-player?

Hello Sebastian,

On Sat, Apr 02, 2011 at 02:31:53PM +0200, Sebastian Humenda wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running Squeeze with daisy-player from unstable. I'm not able to
> play any daisy book, because I get the error message:
> sox FAIL tempo: parameter `factor' must be between 0.1 and 100.
> Using "sox w.wav tempo 0.4" does work. (Sox is from stable, version
> 14.3.1-1). What could have went wrong? Is sox too old?
> I already spoke with Jos Lemmens, but he has also no clue.

Actually, Jos Lemmens may have heared of this buf before, because I
already reported it to him. :-)

You are probably using german locales (LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 or similar).
This somehow causes daisy-player 6.1 to write and use incorrect floating
point numbers with "," replacing the ".".

If your $HOME/.daisy-player.rc has something like this at the end:
speed=1,000000
then you've just hit that bug. At least in the Debian/unstable
daisy-player version. I use daisy-player 6.4, and can verify that this
bug has been fixed upstream, i.e. floats with "," are converted before
sox is called.

Alternately, you can set your locales to "C" as a workaround.

Regards
-Klaus Knopper