Re: questions about gnome and gdm

mike cutie and maia <mstopka@centurytel.net> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone knows how to make gdm or gnome make a sound after
> you enter your username and password so I can no that the desktop is
> starting before orca starts?

Isn't running Orca during the gdm session sufficient for your purpose?

Under recent versions of gdm, Orca can be automatically started before the
login options are presented.

You could probably play a sound while the desktop is loading by modifying the
appropriate script. I'm not sure which scripts are run by gdm, however.