Re: Debian 6.0 "Squeeze" released

Hi Jason,

Le lundi 07 février 2011 à 12:03 +1100, Jason White a écrit :
> > > - accessibility enabled by default in gdm and the first user when
> > > installing with brltty or speakup enabled.
> > Is documented on the wiki how to enable this by hand when dist-upgrade from
> > lenny? Or installing gdm3 instead of gdm does this automatically?  If no, I
> > had known this command to enable in gdm3 orca when dist-upgrade: su -s
> > /bin/sh -c "gconftool-2 --type bool --set
> > /desktop/gnome/applications/at/screen_reader_enabled true" Debian-gdm
>
> this also works with sudo.
> It should definitely be documented.
I fully agree.

On wiki.debian.org/accessibility, I noted that there are a lot of information for developpers. It's a very good thing. Through the various talks, meetings and experiences I have today, I see that users especially want doc and think, and I believe they're right, there isn't enouge user guides about enabling accessibility features on Debian and what exists. So Jason you're right!
That's why I wonder if we couldn't create on the existing page a part for user-documentation. It would explain for instance the role of brltty, xbrlapi, orca, the big-picture of accessibility, the installer and accessibility, etc etc. I can help on this, and every user could help us and document this. It's essential for the future I think, as doc isn't enough today, user is often confused in accessibility world on Free software. So Debian could be a great point of begininng.

What do you think of this?

Regards,

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL