Re: Speech Dispatcher issues

Hi,

I'm pretty sure I know what the problem your having is.  Your not using
pulse or libao as an audio back end right?   Could you look at the
last few lines of dmesg?  I suspect you will find that sd_espeak has
segfaulted after the few sentences.  Some of the bugs have been fixed
in newer versions of speech dispatcher.  However the main problem of
the in alsa (I suspect its some sort of race) hasn't been fixed, and
Braille Comm doesn't seem very interested in fixing it (its been
around atleast since lenny was released).

Trev