squeeze, at-spi2 and webkit

Kenny Hitt <kenny@hittsjunk.net> writes:

> I would agree as long as this package doesn't make at-spi2 the default.

Current "plans" are to release squeeze with at-spi(bonobo) as default.
at-spi2 has to demonstrate stability and performance, otherweise we risk
completely breaking the accessbility of GNOME in our upcoming stable release.

> The decision to use the webkit backend for yelp has already made Debian
> less accessible than upstream,

I was kind of foreseeing the problem with WebKit adoption when it
started.  However, back then people did not realize/believe that
accessibility would be an issue hard to deal with, and the percepted
need to get rid of xulrunner felt like a unbreakable barrier to me.
So I kind of had to go with "the flow" and hope for the best.
I am not happy to see my intuition was right.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕