Re: iceweasel

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010, mattias wrote:

i try to install iceweasel from experimental but not work
the dependensy zulrunner are missing
the included iceweasel not work properly with orca

I just did this.  I'm running squeeze and had to install the following:

xulrunner-1.9.2 from Experimental
libsqlite3 from Sid

I wasn't able to persuade apt-get to install from Experimental, despite the packages showing up in the cache. I'm guessing there's some magic required for that that I don't know of. I had to download them by hand, install them, then run apt-get -f install.

I'm guessing that there'll be a Squeeze backport available some time after the Squeeze release, but there isn't one at the moment.

As far as I can tell, it works with Orca, but I now have to actuallly learn how to work Orca with it. I've got a date with the Orca Wiki.

Geoff.