[firstname.lastname@example.org: Debian Installer 6.0 Beta2 release]
The beta2 release of the squeeze debian installer is out, please test
it!. Notice one errata item:
Speech synthesis not working in user session
When installing the desktop task in English with accessibility (braille or
speech) enabled, sppech synthesis works at the gdm login prompt, but does
not work in the user session. The workaround is to login in a text console
and remove the festival package.
reminder: software speech synthesis will not be officially supported for
squeeze, but unofficial images are available on
----- Forwarded message from Otavio Salvador <email@example.com> -----
From: Otavio Salvador <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Debian Installer 6.0 Beta2 release
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 17:29:01 -0200
X-Spam-Status: No, score=0.9 required=8.0 tests=BAYES_50,
TVD_RCVD_SPACE_BRACKET autolearn=disabled version=3.3.1
Organization: O.S. Systems Ltda.
User-Agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.0.95 (gnu/linux)
X-Mailing-List: <email@example.com> archive/latest/1323
Resent-Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 19:29:54 +0000 (UTC)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The Debian Installer team is pleased to announce the second beta
release of the installer for Debian GNU/Linux Squeeze.
This release is dedicated to Frans Pop, who worked as Debian Installer
Release Manager for several years. Even after he stepped out from this
responsibility in 2007, Frans continued to be heavily involved in
several aspects of D-I until he passed away.
Frans played a key role in ensuring that D-I was constantly maintained
at the high quality level that had been set by its original
developers. In particular, Frans kept the Installation Guide in very
good shape throughout the period that he was involved in D-I.
Frans' name will remain associated with Debian Installer, and his loss
is deeply regretted by Debian Installer developers, contributors and
= Improvements in this release of the installer =
* Linux kernel updated to 2.6.32-27 on amd64, i386, powerpc, mipsel,
hppa, sparc, s390 and ia64;
* Partition detection improved: Windows Vista, Windows Recovery
Environment (#589676) and MINIX (#592924);
* Improved OS detection in grub-installer (#560027, #567980, #593460);
* ZFS support (#595152);
* Fixed hibernation with swap on LVM (#568877);
* Fixed, on os-prober, data corruption if filesystem is being used by
another host (#599203, #556739);
* Fixed overwite mbr of installation medium (#579519)
* Improved USB cd-rom devices scan (#597553);
* Updated minimal memory values for lowmem installations;
* Support added for:
* more USB keyboards (hid-monterey, hid-sunplus) (#588742, #603318);
* network on IBM QS20 Cell blade (spidernet) (#602326);
* input modules on sparc (#602740);
* sl82c105 support (ide cdrom) to PowerPC (#603533);
* 67 languages activated (included English)
* For 50 of these, translation is 100% complete
= Behavioral changes in this release =
* Bump minimum root partition size in the standard task and leave room
for and extra kernel package in later life of the machine (#528914);
* Expand the small gap we leave at the end of the disk to avoid MD
* enabled accessibility in potentially-installed gdm when speakup was
used during installation.
= Known issues in this release =
See the errata for details and a full list of known issues.
= Not yet known issues in this release =
We do need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer, so
please try it. Installer CDs, other media and everything you else you
will need are available at our web site.
== Thanks ==
The Debian Installer team thanks everybody who has contributed to this release.
on behalf of Debian Installer Team
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.9 <http://mailcrypt.sourceforge.net/>
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-announce-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
----- End forwarded message -----
J'ai un gros problème: j'ai cet exercice à rendre demain lundi, mais ma
TI 89 ne sait pas le faire...
Est-ce que quelqu'un pourrait m'aider??
-+- OD In Guide du Neuneu Usenet : Comment ça ! Il faut réfléchir ?-+-