Re: 64bit fix

Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> I have found the bug that was making svox crash on amd64.  It probably
> went unnoticed on i386 by alignement chance.

I'm assuming this is the bug that caused it to crash while deallocating
memory. I think a number of people would be interested in a patch for that.

I spent about an hour with gdb trying to track it down, but with no luck - it
definitely required an expert with Samuel's skill to find the cause. The main
problem that I encountered was that the variables I was trying to watch kept
going out of scope, due to the way in which Svox Pico is called repeatedly to
carry out processing. I don't have any background in digital signal
processing, either.