Re: speakup in Debian kernel and installer

Hi.
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 12:35:03AM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> [Please include debian-kernel or me in replies; I'm not subscribed to
> -accessibility.]
>
> I haven't seen any bug reports regarding speakup drivers included in the
> Linux 2.6.32 kernel packages or testing versions of the installer.
> However I haven't seen any positive reports either.  Are they working
> properly?

Yes, speakup works fine using the accent SA or soft synth drivers here. I also haven't seen any problems reported with 2.6.32

> Also, has anyone tried speakup drivers in Linux 2.6.35 in experimental?

I haven't tried 2.6.35, but I have seen mail on the speakup list from people who are having problems with serial ports in 2.6.35.
They aren't using Debian, but a kernel built from source.

          Kenny