yelp in Gnome 2.28

Hi.  As people who run Gnome 2.28 know, yelp is currently not accessible
in Debian.
The problem is Debian decided to switch to the webkit backend before it was
accessible.  I've filed a bug in Debian (571121)

Upstream yelp still uses gecko, but the Debian Gnome maintainer says
the gecko backend for yelp isn't buildable currently.  I'm at the point I need
advice.  The best answer would be to replace the current yelp with the
current upstream.  The other option is for someone in Debian to write an
Orca script.  This would only give some access to yelp, but it would be better
than the current situation.

I don't know enough to build the yelp package or write the script, so I'm
posting here.

          Kenny