Re: at-spi2-atk git repository created

Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net> writes:

> Is the API compatible with the Corba/Bonobo version?

AIUI, the intention is to at least make pyatspi compatible as far as possible.
However, I haven't tested any existing client libraries yet.
I rather started to write a new AT library in emacs23.

> It is my understanding that most (all?) applications and UI libraries use ATK
> rather than AT-SPI directly, so assuming that side of the interface hasn't
> changed, there should be no incompatibility with applications.

Not quite, a new gtk-2.0 module is provided which bridges to the new DBus
based registryd.  I might be missing many bits of the picture still,
but a quick test of application behaviour shows that:
 * This new module is not autoloaded by default yet.
   With gtk apps like gedit, you can pass
   --gtk-module=/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libspiatk.so
   and the application will show up in the DBus registryd.
 * When using the same parameter for iceweasel, only a bare skeleton
   of accessible objects appears.  I guess something different has to be
   done here to get the module loaded correctly?

> I can't think of any exceptions to this other than Java, which is
> covered by the new library that is now also experimentally packaged
> for Debian.

Oh, great, I dodn't know that, I filed the RFP however.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>