Re: Logging out of Gnome 2.26 with Orca under Sid

Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net> writes:

> I use startx to run Gnome sessions rather than gdm, since I spend most of my
> time at the console and hence there isn't much point having X loaded when,
> it isn't needed.
>
> As of the latest Debian Gnome 2.26 packages, if I select "logout" from the
> system menu, it logs me out in 60 seconds rather than immediately.
>
> I am told there is a dialogue visible on screen from which to select a logout
> option that will take effect straight away, but alt-tab doesn't move focus
> there.

I've always used gdm to login to GNOME, and when I invoke the logout
action I do get the said dialog.  It receives focus, so a press on the
return key invokes the log out immediately action (which is also
displayed on my braille display).  I wasn't aware this dialog was not
present if you were using startx.

> Is there a way around this?
>
> The Orca version is 2.27.5 from experimental.
>
> I can take it to the Orca list if the problem isn't specific to Debian's
> default configuration.

This doesn't look like it is orca specific, except maybe that Orca
should show the dialog to you (which it does to me).  How to get rid of this
confirmation dialog is probably related to your gnome configuration in
general?

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>