Re: flite new version need a DD upload from mentors repos

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 10:53:12PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Denis Briand, le Tue 30 Jun 2009 14:38:29 +0200, a écrit :
> > dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/flite/flite_1.3-release-1.dsc

Thank you to check our package Samuel :)

> About the alsa patch, it includes a whole diff between an autoconf
> 2.57-generated configure and an autoconf 2.13-generated configure.  IIRC
> usually people prefer to just re-autoconf during build, or at worse
> include a diff between same versions of autoconf keeping only the little
> bit that matters (here, AC_CHECK_HEADER(alsa/asoundlib.h)).
>
> About alsa also, remember that Debian is not only about linux, for
> hurd-i386, kfreebsd-i386, and kfreebsd-amd64 architectures oss should be
> used instead of alsa.

Lukas Loehrer is the author of the alsa patch.
Maybe we can use preprocessor to build with oss on these architectures?
I haven't enough skill in C to remake completely the alsa patch with it.
Maybe Lukas can do that.
I agree with you, flite must be mutli-platform.
If it's impossible to make it multi-platform with alsa support, I think
the better way is to remove the patch... :/

> Please add a ./debian/rules patch target which applies the patch queue.
It's a good idea, I can do that. Thanks

> About the -dev package, it now ships libflitefoo.shared.a files.  They
> should rather be called libflitefoo.a as before.
I will check it out.

Many thanks

Denis