Re: E:dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem

Ranbir Sanasam <san.ranbir@gmail.com> writes:

> I was running Lenny testing version.. Just yesterday, i have upgraded it to
> Lenny stable.
>
> But, during the upgrade process, error occurs and now i am not able to use
> apt-get..

Just FYI, this question/posting would be best addresses to debian-users.

> It always returns the "E:dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg
> --configure -a' to correct the problem" error.
>
> I do not remember the error during the upgrade procedure.
> Following is the steps i had done to upgrade
> 1. source.list
> deb http://ftp.iitm.ac.in/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.iitm.ac.in/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free
>
> 2. apt-get update
> --no error
> 3. apt-get dist-upgrade
> --error and exit
> 4. apt-cache search <any package>
> --no error
> 5. apt-get install <any package>
> E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to
> correct the problem.
> 6. i have run 'dpkg --configure -a' as root
> it gives the following long error
>
> What had gone wrong and How can i fix this problem?

I am not 100% sure what went wrong, but apparently you dont have
util-linux installed, which is supposed to contain /usr/bin/getopt.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>