Re: GDM, getty and VTs

Mario Lang <mlang@delysid.org> wrote:

> Upstart is indeed the most likely candidate, but the transition will
> take time.  Squeeze+1 or Squeeze+2.  Last time I looked at upstart, it
> was not really ready to replace the current system.

In Fedora and Ubuntu, from what' I've read, the existing init scripts are
still used under Upstart; they haven't made the transition fully to Upstart's
own configuration mechanism.

However, after switching to Upstart even while retaining the existing init
scripts, the configuration of virtual consoles and getty processes has to be
performed under UPstart.