Re: at-spi2-atk git repository created

Hi All:

Keep in mind that this is still early work and that it is targeted for GNOME 3.0. Experimenting with it now is definitely welcomed, however, and your feedback is appreciated.

Not quite, a new gtk-2.0 module is provided which bridges to the new DBus
based registryd.  I might be missing many bits of the picture still,
but a quick test of application behaviour shows that:
 * This new module is not autoloaded by default yet.
   With gtk apps like gedit, you can pass
   --gtk-module=/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libspiatk.so
   and the application will show up in the DBus registryd.
 * When using the same parameter for iceweasel, only a bare skeleton
   of accessible objects appears.  I guess something different has to be
   done here to get the module loaded correctly?

You also need the gail module. Instead of the --gtk-module option, you can set GTK_MODULES in your environment:

GTK_MODULES=gail:/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libspiatk.so

I can't think of any exceptions to this other than Java, which is
covered by the new library that is now also experimentally packaged
for Debian.

Oh, great, I dodn't know that, I filed the RFP however.

Note that the new Java ATK Wrapper, which is to replace the Java Access Bridge for GNOME, currently has some main loop issues if the GTK+ native look and feel is used. These will be resolved once the switch to D-Bus is done.

Will