speakup

Hello all

I have had a number of issues with speakup and the lenny 2.6.26-1-amd64 kernel.  Has anyone else had any troubles?

I am now using a 2.6.27.4 kernel and it is much better.  I still had an issue today when speakup stopped speaking after updating hal.  I have seen this twice now.  Does anyone know what might be happening that speakup would be getting hosed by a restart of hal?  I was using the dectlk driver both times.  The dec express is on ttyS0.

Thanks
--Frank