Re: Questions about Netinst and Live CD

Hi Simon:

just to say that I have proposed this idea long time ago .....

but I also proposed it myself *for real*, in a previous project called
BlinDIA ( http://blindia.blinuxman.net/ ):
that was aiming to add a blindfriendly/brltty-enabled d-i for the Sarge.
Ph. Richardson and I discussed at that moment that it would be nice to add
such a multiple beep sound (6 beeps long, maybe excessif :-) )
at CD startup.
Debian People, feel free to study it and port it if there is a wish !
Also feel free to reproduce the suppression of the "1 startup problem" at
the Debian Installer eacht time brltty starts up.
Finally, another trial we did to increase blindfriendly access, was by
adding a new (very short) way to pass the append line for brltty:
	for example, why entering  install brltty=bb,dd,tt
	if it could work as wemm wotj with:  bbddtt, for ex.
	al0de if you're using an alva at ttyS0 with the de tbl,
	or
	htuse if you'r running an handitech in usb and swedish table
	etcetera etcetera ...fill in...

No-one of thes features have inspired the official Debian Accessibility
people; maybe it will when other people judge this ideas interesting ?

Aldo.

PS: the last idea concerning the short command for brltty failed because the
Sarge doesn't use udev and passing the right usb parameter was a problem.
Fortunately Etch came then with its brltty-enabled d-i and so we (of course)
stopped our BlinDIA project; but all material is there online as a reference
to what we thought and did at that moment.