gnome-orca .2.22 about to enter unstable

Hi.

Just a quick notice to let you know ahead of time that I've
just uploaded gnome-orca 2.22.0-1 to sid which will most probably
be available through the mirrors from tomorrow morning (thursday) on.

Please let us know about your experiences with orca 2.22 on Debian.

This version features a completely replaced AT-SPI backend. The self-made
atspi bindings that orca used to use were depreached and replaced
by the "official" python bindings shipped with at-spi these days
(python-pyatspi).  These are the same bindings also used
by accerciser, so at least a bit of code duplication has been eliminated.
There were a lot of user visible changes and fixed all over the map.  As
usual, many fixes related to the use of Firefox 3.  Since we now have a new
at-spi (1.22), recently added firefox accessibility enhancements (around
december last year) should finally also be available to orca users.  These
should mostly show as speedups while scrolling on webpages...

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>