Re: Cepstral/swift and gnome-speech

Sebastian Dellit <sebo@blinzeln.de> writes:

> I will use gnome-speech with Cepstral. What must I do? The Cepstral is
> installed.

There is no established procedure for compiling commercially-backed speech
servers for gnome-speech in Debian yet.  I can not try this
out for you since I do not have the swift engine.

But you might try something like:

apt-get build-dep gnome-speech
mkdir gs-swift && cd gs-swift
apt-get source gnome-speech
cd gnome-speech-0.4.*
echo "DEB_CONFIGURE_EXTRA_FLAGS += --with-swift-dir=/usr/share/swift" >>debian/rules
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us
sudo dpkg -i ../libgnome-speech7_*.deb

This is completely untested, but with a little luck, you might
end up with a working gnome-speech swift server.  YOu will have
to repeat this procedure whenever libgnome-speech7 is updated
through apt-get dist-upgrade though...

Note that you have to

sudo dpkg -i ../libgnome-speech-dev_*.deb

if you want to use the test-speech binary.

--
CYa,
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang@db.debian.org