Re: gdm and orca?

On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 08:34:10AM EST, Mario Lang wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Did anyone manage to get Orca speaking the gdm login dialog box yet?
>
> I at least managed to get the keymouselistener module working and configured
> to launch orca with Ctrl+o, but then, I only see the
> "Welcome to Orca." message and nothing else.

I haven't used Debian in a while, but from what I remember, Debian's
default GDM configuration is a window with dropdown menus etc correct?
If not, you will have to change to that type of theme, as the others
aren't based around a window, but a splash screen, with embedded popup
menus and text box.

> I'd like to work out the remaining problems and prepare
> a proposed patch for the default GNOME configuration in Debian.

If I get a chance over the next couple of days, I'll throw Debian into a
virtual session and have a look, and will be happy to help you out, as
we'd like similar functionality in Ubuntu.
--
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE