Re: New gnome-speech (0.4.11) on its way

> Support for speech-dispatcher is not enable yet in the
> version of gnome-speech currently awaiting approval.  Is there any
> input from the speech dispatcher crew regardings the stability and
> usefulness of that third backend for gnome-speech?

Hello Mario,

we do not any longer support this Gnome-Speech Speech-Dispatcher
backend. Much of the functionality of Speech Dispatcher is lacking when
we need to go through the simple Gnome Speech. The backend was rather
hard to debug because of missing logging facilities in Gnome Speech.

Instead, Speech Dispatcher support has been added into Orca and it is
now part of the official releases. Also Linux Screen Reader supports
Speech Dispatcher directly, so I don't think the Gnome Speech backend is
useful for anyone. It is much better in my opinion if the screen readers
use Speech Dispatcher directly.

Have a nice day,
Hynek Hanke