Re: hosts.allow not working

1) Does your sshd support tcp wrappers?

2) have you tried sshd2 as a service name?

 If all else fails you can limit hosts in the sshd config  file.

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007, Ranbir Sanasam wrote:

Hi all,

Can anybody help me? I want to allow ssh access only from machine
but block from the rest and my hosts.allow and hosts.deny are as follows.

sshd:  ALL

still i am able to access from other machines.. What could be the problem?
Is there any log entry from hosts.allow or hosts.deny?

I am using Debian Sarge.