Re: Access-keys in Debian pages

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 08:55:50PM +0200, Jutta Wrage wrote:
> Including the access-keys from IBM-rocommendation seems not to be the
> right way. One of the blind people (who noted out that the pages now
> are much better than one and a half year ago) told me either not to
> use access-keays at all or to use numbers only and not letters.

I really have problems to understand you. What are these access-keys
you're referring to? Ordinary application shortcuts such as Alt+F to
start special actions?

> Letters can conflict with their software keys anf make the system
> unusable for them,

What are software keys? Hotkeys which start applications when pressed?
I use xterm to start applications. Together with TAB (and the bell
tone if it's ambiguous) this should be usable for blind persons as
well!??

Sorry for being confused, but first I tried to apply these terms to
the Debian website and failed ...

Jens