Re: Gnome 2.14 in Debian?

On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 11:37:19AM +0200, Mario Lang wrote:
> How do you determine the GNOME version on Debian Unstable?
I checked the version of gnome and gnome-desktop-environment, both still at
2.12.
> According to the following command, quite a few packages are
> already at a 2.14 version:
True. I don't know whether all the libraries required to be from Gnome 2.14 by
Orca have been updated yet, however, and I have a suspicion this might be the
cause of the error messages that I reported.

Unstable at the moment looks more like a mix of 2.12 and 2.14 packages.

>From the documentation, Orca can run under 2.12, but only after certain
components have been upgraded to 2.14, and the developers wisely recommend a
full upgrade to 2.14 as the best solution.