Re: Unofficial brltty 3.7.2 Debian package

On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 04:47:37PM +0100, Mario Lang wrote:
> > Otherwise, may I upload this into unstable?  Thanks.
> Please dont, see below.

No problem, glad to read that you are working on it.

> I gave this brltty.config a read, and can not see any multiple driver/device
> handling.  I guess you did not know, but one of the really cool features
> about 3.7 is that we now have autodetection capabilities.

You are fully right.

[...]
> Now, as you can see, this gets very complicated if implemented with
> debconf (at least IMO).  I therefore planned to drop debconf support, and
> require the user to configure /etc/brltty.conf manually.
>
> Comments?  I gather you are lots better with debconf coding then I am,
> do you think the above scheme is doable with scripting?  If so,
> we'd need t do this, or drop debconf support.

Adding support for multiple devices is easy because this template has a
debconf type of string, but having an ordered list of drivers is indeed
very hard.  IMHO the easiest solution is to drop debconf support.  I
will see later when you upload 3.7.2 if I have better ideas.
Thanks.

Denis