"Installer for the blind" and DVD

Hello,

I wrote myself today:
Does cd-drivers.img work with DVDs, too? Or works it only with CD
ROMs?

let me put it another way round.

Does cd-drivers.img  work on a system with an DVD device or can one
use it only on systems with CD Rom devices? I ask because I am planing to use the DVD
version of Debian and the 'installer for the Blind' in order to install my system.

This Mail should be better understandable then the last one with the same
subject.

Does someone know who is the developer of the 'installer for the
Blind'? I am just wondering.

Petra