Re: a blindunfriendly Sarge installer problem

Just a few more comments about access floppies.

Samuel Thibault, le Mon 31 Oct 2005 19:13:19 +0100, a écrit :
> I've just tried it (rc3 of 2005/03/05), and it almost works (it doesn't
> seem that the partition manager correctly asks the kernel to reload the
> partition table: I had to run fdisk /dev/ide/... then w, and I had
> troubles with exim).

Mmm, it _does_ work actually. I was tinkering with the device, and I
forgot to put swap, and 32MB memory are not enough without swap.

With some swap and just using the regular installation procedure it does
work, except one nasty thing: the kernel used for running the installer
uses devfs, so that serial device path at that time is /dev/tts/0, while
the final kernel doesn't use devfs and hence the serial device path is
/dev/ttyS0 once installed. This prevents automatic propagation of brltty
parameter from working.

A workaround is of course to pass devfs=nomount at the syslinux prompt,
but this should get fixed.

Regards,