Re: running orca in Debian

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 10:56:55PM +0100, Mario Lang wrote:
> I seem similar behaviour here.  But I get:
>  "RuntimeError: Can not load Bonobo support"
>
> I've once considered looking into Orca, but the fact that there havent been
> any functional changes in upstream CVS since august 2004 is a bit discouraging
> to me, especially since it is explicitly labeled as a "test-bed"...

When I had it working on Gentoo, I was impressed wit it's results.  At
that time, it provided better access than Gnopernicus to a
gnome-terminal.  The fact it will support scripting while Gnopernicus
won't makes it an appealing screen reader to me.

The fact it hasn't been updated since I had it working on Gentoo makes
me believe my problems running it are Debian specific.

          Kenny