Re: running orca in Debian

Kenny Hitt <kenny@hittsjunk.net> writes:

> Hi.  Does anyone have orca working on there Debian box?  I had it
> working on a Gentoo box several month ago, but haven't managed to get it
> working on Debian.
> When I try to run orca-setup, I get the following error.
>
> kenny@spot:~$ orca-setup
> Creating .orca directory.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/orca-setup", line 49, in ?
>       import speech
>         File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/orca/speech.py", line 20,
> 	in ?
> 	    from core import ORBit, bonobo
> 	    RuntimeError: Can not load accessibility support
>
> 	    The package appears to build with no errors.

I seem similar behaviour here.  But I get:
 "RuntimeError: Can not load Bonobo support"

I've once considered looking into Orca, but the fact that there havent been
any functional changes in upstream CVS since august 2004 is a bit discouraging
to me, especially since it is explicitly labeled as a "test-bed"...

--
CYa,
  Mario