Re: Gnopernicus Won't Speak, though Gnome Sound Works

Hi Mario,
It would seem that the problems are not lib related. Oddly enough, sound worked perfectly when my friend connected over SSH as root. Now that I tried the same thing locally, no speech in Gnopernicus and Gnome sound seems to work only occasionally. Also, I added my primary user account called vellu in the audio group but it still says that it cannot find /dev/mixer. I'll have my friend look into this some more and let you know the details about the libs.

Mario Lang wrote:
yasr should be reasonably simple to install.  The default configuration
uses eflite.  Just check /etc/yasr/yasr.conf to see what synthesizer
options you have...

Oh, will do. Provided that I get these sound problems fixed first <smiley>.

--
With kind regards Veli-Pekka Tätilä (vtatila@mail.student.oulu.fi)
Accessibility, game music, synthesizers and more: