Re: X Accessibility

Andor Demarteau <ademarte@students.cs.uu.nl> writes:

>  >  Perhaps even psudo object oriented command
>  > structures where you'd say
>  > file1->copy(file2, other, arguments);
>  > IN stead of the usual.

I would advise you to get used to the unix shell syntax. Being less
verbose, it is much more expressive (single-letter free-floating
modifiers instead of whole words with strictly enforced order), making
it faster to type and reducing typos (yes, you have to check twice
before typing a "risky" command anyway).

However, you should be able to manipulate the filesystem in an oo
manner using an OO scripting that represents files as objects.

Maybe someone can point one out. > I know Zope lets you do this (in
Python), but only for its own filesystem-like database.

>  > > there are native-compilers around as well
>  > Any free ones out there? I'm moderately interested.

Well gcj. It's in Debian.

Have fun,
--
Thomas Tempé