Re: debian installer and speakup

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Mario Lang wrote:

> That is a good time!  I have just created the 'access'
> floppy flavour in d-i.  Check it out from CVS, we basicly
> just have to set a special kernel version/name, and build with that.
> The access flavour currently supports brltty.  But if it would be
> equipped with a speakup-kernel, it could support both.
>
> A little tip to get started: You need to build
> kernel-image-xxx-udeb packages.  Probably the best way to get
> it up and running is to look at the current kernel-image-xxx-udeb
> packages and see how they are done.  If you can come up with
> working udebs for speakup-enabled kernels, integrating that into the
> access flavour should be fairly easy.

Ok.  Well today I sort of banged around with this stuff a bit.  I need to
install on a machine so you know how that goes.  Toss something together
to make it work for the time being.  Anyway the debian installer is in
horrible shape as of 2 days ago.  But I would like to get the debian
install utils together to put together my own set of rootfs images and
speakup kernel and so forth.  I don't really see where to find the udebs.
What is different about a udeb from a normal kernel-image.deb?  Where is a
good place to catch up to speed on the debian installer?

Thanks

Frank