no brltty after knoppix hd-install

Hello,
I was just installing Knoppix-debian 3.2 on my harddrive, and was so happy
that everything went so smoothly.
But after i rebooted my system the surprise came...no Brltty.
I clarified it in the syslinux.cfg and still it didn't come up.
So why the installer didn't grab my whole config?
The complete Audio and i believe the graphic works, and there was no
questioning wether braille should come up after booting or not, so i
concluded that the installer must have recognized all loaded modules,
drivers and daemons, and silently configured everything.
Now i am braille-less on my laptop, and i don't even know if kde is booting
up by default, but i answered the question on the graphical interface when
logging in with no.
Also i hoped kde wouldn't come up, but unfortunately i can not control these
things any more.
So i thought of booting the knoppix-cd again, and editing some startup
scripts, and searching for brltty, if it's installed and how to include it
into my boot-process.
That would be my only option, since i have braille then.
I am so happy that all my hardware is recognized correctly, and i hope this
challenge will not make me reformat my hard drive again, and start all over
from scratch.
So if anyone can help me i'd be very gratefull.
Thanks, and Regards, Attila.