Re: Problem when trying to install gnopernicus package

Nath <nath.ml@free.fr> writes:

> Today I try to install gnopernicus on a fresh installed Knoppix (debian
> unstable) on my hard disk.
> First I installed the gnome-core package and the suggested packages
> gnome-control-center, gnome-panel, gnome-session, gnome-terminal and
> gnome-help. But after this step I tried to install gnopernicus and it
> doesn't work because it depends on libgnome-mag 1.10 and only
> libgnome-mag 1.9 is available.

I guess you are refering to libgnome-mag1 0.10 here?

> So my question : what can I do to solve this issue ?

I'm a bit puzzled why you do not have libgnome-mag1.  What is the
deb line in /etc/apt/sources.list you are using?

> Does it exist an option to tell apt to ignore dependancies ?

No.  And that wouldn't make sense here, since the program will probably crash
if it finds libraries it wasn't compiled for.

> Perhaps libgnome-mag is not so necessary because it seems
> gnopernicus can work properly without gnome-mag ?

But gnopernicus links against that library, so it is necessary to be able
to run gnopernicus.

> If you have other ideas or solutions ?

Get the proper version of libgnome-mag1, its in sid.

> Another question : may I install other packages in order to have a
> working Gnome environment ?

My parser failed on this sentence, what do you mean?  Another screen reader?

--
CYa,