Installing Debian

Hi all,
What would be the easiest way to install debian?
I've tried two other distros and debian just sounds like the best fit
for me. I'd prefer Debian Unstable.
I've heard about installing using either a serial terminal or via telnet
over a network. I have a laptop running slackware I can use for these,
and I have a network that we set up to share the internet connection.
How fesable are these options? I'd like to use one of those so I can
have the speech and review functions I'm used to. If I remember
correctly, there's no way right now to run speakup from installation
media. Correct me if I'm wrong.
My other option is to use brltty from the cdrom. I suppose I could try
that but I have never used brltty before. I'm not even sure it works
with my braille display. I have a braille lite m20 and the docs only
mention earlier models. How well does this work?

Finally, I just built a custom kernel for my system with speakup. It's
quite small and very fast. Can
I just drop that in after installing Debian?

Thanks.
Justin Ekis