Re: Problem to activate braille support with Gnopernicus

Nath <nath.ml@free.fr> writes:

> I have installed gnome 2.4 on my Debian box with gnopernicus and BRLTTY
> .deb packages. After, I initialised the following keys using gconftool-2
> :
>
> gconftool-2 --type bool --set /apps/gnopernicus/srcore/br_active true
>
> gconftool-2 --type string --set /apps/gnopernicus/braille/device BRLTTY
>
> In gnopernicus I indicate that the number of the graphic console is 7
> and I generate the file /etc/brltty/brlapi-key.

First of all, /etc/brlapi-key is generated automatically when brltty is installed,
so you probably dont need to do that manually.
Secondly, the GUI of Gnopernicus is bogus when it comes to BRLTTY
support.  The graphical console number you changed does not
affect anything.  You need to set the CONTROLVT environment variable, just as
you do for the DISPLAY variable, before you start gnopernicus.
So, something like:

export CONTROLVT=7

should do the trick.

(I should probably file a bugreport about this in GNOME bugzilla).

> Is the BRLTTY package 3.3 for Debian compiled with the -enable-api
> parametter ?

Yes.

--
CYa,