Re: How to Teach Online Courses

On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 7:57 PM Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian@mdcc.cx> wrote:

> I am using Indico for event management, and I have created this event for
> the course:
> https://events.fs.al/event/1/
>
> People can register there. Of course they can also register directly on
> Moodle (and then self-enroll to the course).
> However the advantage of Indico is that it can send reminders before a
> meeting. I am not sure whether Moodle is able to send reminders.
>
> What do you usually use for event management?

We use our wiki: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEvents/

We use online pad's (hosted at various places) and gobby (
https://wiki.debian.org/gobby.debian.org ) for taking notes.

Often salsa.debian.org is used as authentication backend.

The Wafer conference system ( https://github.com/ctpug/wafer ) is used by the
last few DebConf's .

More Debian services are listed at https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianSocial
btw.

Thanks for trying to help Joost.
However I meant some tool that allows people to register to an event easily, and then send reminders to them before the event.
DebianSocial seems interesting, in the sense that they can install such a tool, but they have not installed anything like that yet.
However they have installed Jitsi, which we can use for our next meeting: https://jitsi.debian.social

So, our next meeting is going to be this Saturday (3 September), 14:00 UTC, at https://jitsi.debian.social/DebAcademy

By the way, how do we notify the Debian community that we are organizing this course, and they can participate if they wish?

Regards,
Dashamir