Re: Adapt demo

On 04/11/2020 17:07, Mitja Podreka wrote:
On 3. 11. 20 19:22, Sam Howell wrote:
Hi all,

Just a reminder that as soon as I'm given course creator/editor
permissions in the LMS, I'll upload an Adapt SCORM for others to play
with, as well as help with any existing courses if needed.

Does anybody know the current max upload limit for files? I'd need it to
be at least ~40MB for the SCORM I have ready.

Sam

Hello Sam,

I've assigned you a 'teacher' role in the 'About Debian Academy' course. My intention with this 'course' is to be(come) a central point in Moodle platform for all the users involved in course creation and management of Moodle and Debian Academy in general. The course is set up for guest access and the enrollment is open. Therefore I find it the best place to put your Adapt examples in (if you wish you can of course create your own course for them). I've also assigned you a global role of 'Course creator' that will enable you to create your own courses.

Current upload limit is 200MB.

I've tested Adapt few years ago and then decided to start using H5P instead. Since H5P is now integrated in Moodle core I would like to ask you about the benefits of using Adapt instead of H5P. I understand why you want to use Adapt — using familiar tools is always more productive than learning another similar one — and of course you can continue to use it for course material for DA. What about the new course creators that are just starting with creation of course material for Moodle? Should we encourage them to use H5P or Adapt or maybe both?

Regards,
Mitja

From a newbie viewpoint having the choice of a range of 3 really does put us in a good position for skill development,

I think Scorm (is that right) is used by Learningpool which is what my local council use as part of their staff employer learning platform.

Paul

--
Paul Sutton
https://personaljournal.ca/paulsutton/