Re: Adapt demo

Hi Mitja,

Thanks for sorting out my roles. I'll upload my Adapt demo soon.

Regarding your question about Adapt/H5P, I think it would be wise to
encourage the use of both tools, especially H5P for new course creators
who may not be familiar with Adapt and/or Moodle.

While I don't know a lot about H5P, I've tested it a little in the past,
but never ran with it. I work for an elearning company very focused on
using Articulate Storyline (considered the 'industry standard',
unfortunately not free software), and about a year ago we all discovered
Adapt. Being GPL, I became immediately interested in learning more about
the tool and using it for my own courses which I was making with, and
about, free software (among other topics).

Since first diving into Adapt and getting to know its great community
(the tool is mostly developed by the UK-based elearning companies
Learning Pool and Kineo), I grew to love it and have since taught myself
to create courses, develop themes, host instances of the software on my
own server etc. So I suppose I'm just much more familiar with the tool
than anything else.

H5P is probably a more comfortable tool for creators who don't have much
experience with CSS etc. as it's attractive 'out of the box', whereas
with Adapt, more advanced courses can be created, with fully customised
themes (if the user is handy with CSS), content branching, menus, etc.
If the user is good with JavaScript, the tool can be fully customised
from the frontend interactive plugins all the way down to the framework
itself.

Again, I think it would be a great idea for us to explore both tools as
they clearly both have a lot of potential, and likely have their
respective pros and cons. For myself, I would most likely use Adapt in
any courses I created, but I would also consider learning more about H5P
so I could utilise it as well.

Sam

--
IRC: syntax