Reaching out to the Debian Handbook team

Hi

I sent this to the developer list by mistake (subject 'Reaching out'),
however I did get a reply from Raphael, So I am guessing my question, as
to the handbook team being part of the Academy team may have been
answered by Raphael Hertzog anyway.

Posting here to the academy team list anyway

To add to this I am just looking up some tutorials on xml / docbook etc,
so I can try and put something together (set of links and other
resources). as it may be helpful if anyone wants to put something
together for this.

Regards

Paul

Hi All

--

Just wondered, if it is worth me (or someone) trying to reach out to the
team behind the Debian Administrators handbook

I would assume we will be making use of the anyway or making references
to this within lessons, so a quick how_to contribute, what skills are
needed, what it it written in, for example may be useful,

Looks like it is written in xml,

https://salsa.debian.org/hertzog/debian-handbook

I am not sure if there is a package that just lets you write and it
handles the xml tags in the background or you need to write this as you
would perhaps pure html / latex / markdown and add tags manually or
convert using something like pandoc.

It is stored on debian.salsa anyway, so we are planning lessons on that
anyway I think.

As documentation writing is less about coding and more about writing it
does then open up projects to a wider group of people who may posses
those skills.  Getting documentation for any project within Debian up to
scratch is also important, and especially if we as educators want to
make reference to pre-existing information.

Just a thought

Regards

Paul

--