Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2023-06-06

Hi Carlos,

Am 10.06.2023 um 06:29 schrieb Carlos Milán Figueredo:
From: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de>
Sent: Wednesday, June 7, 2023 9:30
Subject: Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2023-06-06

Hi Adrian,

Right, this completely fell of the table. I will try to prepare the changes for
the upcoming weekend. However, due to the current freeze for Debian Bookworm, I
cannot commit anything.

Even so, it shouldn't be hard to generate an initrd image that matches the kernel in the snapshot... or maybe I am wrong? I remember trying and having trouble getting compiled a new Linux/m68k kernel with a reasonable size for the Amiga (actually, the size of the snapshots).

update-initramfs -u -k <kernel-version> should do that (if the missing modules are included in the modules package for your kernel).

Add the missing modules to /etc/initramfs-tools/modules in case they are not added with the default configuration.

You'll need to run that on another m68k system perhaps (update-initramfs and mkinitramfs are both shell scripts, but I doubt this will work on a different system).

Cheers,

	Michael

Laurent Vivier has also prepared some improvements for qemu-virt which we had to
shelf until after the Bookworm release.

Would that mean that qemu can be used instead of MiNT?

Regards,
Carlos

Carlos Milán Figueredo | HispaMSX System Operator | http://www.hispamsx.org | telnet://bbs.hispamsx.org | https://calnus.com