Re: Xorg woes

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 12:53 AM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
Hi Stefan!

On 9/3/20 12:22 AM, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> I've been messing around with xorg.conf files for the last day or so,
> trying to get X working on my Amiga 4000D. X comes up fine, but there are
> two issues:

That's great. I didn't even know that X actually works :-).

Yes, this is on my ZZ9000

> - There is no mouse pointer

But does the mouse itself work, i.e. can you right-click the background to bring
up a context menu?

No, the device is not considered as pointer for some reason. It works in evtest.

> - keys are "off": qwert.. is alright, asdf... is off by two zxcv... is off
> by 6 keys. This means when you push a you will see d on the screen.

Sounds like a bug which translates the keycodes incorrectly with an offset.

Pretty much. It seems there used to be the requirement to disable Xkb, but either the option was renamed or doesn't work anymore.

I assume that's easy to fix once we know whether it's a kernel or Xorg bug.

The keyboard works fine on the console. I assume somehow the mapping is wrong, but I didn't look at X11 sources in two decades, approximately.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz@debian.org