Re: Where is last official ISOs for 68k?

Hi,

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> I have asked the FTP Masters to put a copy with ".old" into the generic pool
> folder so that users can find the packages there.

This raises the question what exactly a user has to do when jigdo-lite
says:
  Aaargh - 1 files could not be downloaded. This should not
  happen! Depending on the problem, it may help to retry downloading
  the missing files.
  Also, you could try changing to another Debian or Non-US server,
  in case the one you used is out of sync.

  However, if all the files downloaded without errors and you
  still get this message, it means that the files changed on the
  server, so the image cannot be generated.
  As a last resort, you could try to complete the CD image download
  by fetching the remaining data with rsync.

I plan to submit bug reports for jigdo-lite regarding this situation
and the lack of information about .old files. For now i collect problems
and remedies. I already have:

- jigdo-lite does not unambiguously report which packages are still
  missing.
  wget reports successful downloads. But the user needs deeper
  knowledge about Jigdo's principles in order to know why this success
  of wget is not success of jigdo-lite and that the reported package
  name is the the one to look for as .old version.
  The lookup in the "Files to scan:" directory issues no package names
  at all.

- The scheme of .old names should be mentioned explicitely in above
  problem prose.

- If the .old scheme of the archive is official and in most cases
  deterministic, then jigdo-lite could try to handle the situation
  automatically by deriving the .old name from the name of a package
  which could be downloaded but then failed the checksum test.
  (I hope to learn more about the number of .old packages and the
   regularity of their names in respect to the original names.
   Any hint how to get an overview would be welcome.)

- After completing the ISO by "Files to scan:", there remains the
  .jigdo.unpacked file, which normally gets removed after download with
  "Debian mirror" is complete.
  (This belongs to our problem because "Files to scan" is how the .old
   files get into the ISO.)

Anybody has more complaints about jigdo-lite in this situation ?

Have a nice day :)

Thomas