Re: m68k chat 21st Aug 2020 - "the Amitari - EmuTOS and Atari Software on the Amiga"

Hi,

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> > There did exist a small AmigaOS emulator for Amiga UNIX, basically
> > implementing a hunk loader and a few exec.library and dos.library calls.
> > This was rumored to be sufficient to run e.g. the SAS C compiler.
> > I tried it once on Linux/m68k, and it could run a simple Hello World.
> >
> > The only entrypoint you need to provide to run AmigaOS binaries is a
> > pointer to ExecBase at address 4.  If TOS doesn't use that location for
> > something else, you can implement AmigaOS support.
> >
> > Good luck! ;-)
>
> FTR:
>
> https://web.archive.org/web/20000304080628/http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~geert/bin/ados_linux.tar.gz

There's also vamos, which even sports a 68k emulator (it has Musashi
built in), so you can run SAS/C and similar command line Amiga software on
non-68k hardware.

It's in this repo, mixed up with a bunch of other interesting tools, like
an RDB disk image creator, etc:

https://github.com/cnvogelg/amitools

If I get it right it's somehow written in Python, which sounds scary, but
I've seen it in action and it looked like it's working. Never tried it
myself tho', but I tried other software from the same repo, and they
worked nicely.

Charlie