Re: Where is last official ISOs for 68k?

Hi,

tero@yli-koski.fi wrote:
> I have tried with download [...] even with Jidgo and it's not find
> all files.

That would be a shortcomming of the package repository which shall
provide all the packages which are to be stuffed into the uncompressed
.template so that in the end a complete .iso emerges.

One ore more repo is given at the end of the .jigdo file.

  gunzip < debian-31r8-m68k-binary-1.jigdo | fgrep Debian=

yields

  Debian=http://us.cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/snapshot/Debian/ --try-last

One extra repo can be given to jigdo-lite as answer to the "Debian mirror"
question. Question "Files to scan" asks for the path of a local repo
directory tree.

IIRC, jigdo-lite runs can be repeated after incomplete runs with another
"Debian mirror" URL in order to download only the yet missing packages.
At some point jigdo-lite is supposed to report final success.

So it is about finding Debian repos which contain the missing packages.

One could also build a local repo with packages found somewhere.
Packages get weakly verified by jigdo-lite to match their expected MD5s.
But in the end the rebuilt ISO can be more strongly verified by its total
SHA256 or SHA512.

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Not sure where the other images are.

  https://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/
says
  "By default, for each release here we keep all the images in
   jigdo format to save on space and download times. We also often
   keep the ISO images for the last release of each series."

(Quote recently used by Dan Ritter on debian-user.)

It looks like netinst and business card ISOs got pardoned for now.
But for bigger ISOs, only Jigdo and the repo mirrors are a sure option.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas