New stable kernel build (was Re: Debootstrap on to Mac SE/30 - strange segfaults)

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019, Finn Thain wrote:

> BTW, you can get a slow but stable 5380 SCSI driver by passing
> 'mac_scsi.setup_use_pdma=0' in the kernel parameters.

The fixes I wrote for the data corruption bug in the mac_scsi driver have
been sent upstream and will appear in the v5.3 release which is expected
in a few weeks.

I've also backported all of my driver patches to the 4.14.y stable branch.
A patched v4.14.137 kernel build (configured for Mac only) is available --
https://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-mac68k/files/

This binary has all of the important drivers built-in so it requires no
initrd to boot a Mac from hard disk, CD-ROM, NFS rootfs, etc. (It can also
be used with the Debian installer initrd.)

Chris, regarding the compatibility issue affecting your ADTRON SDDS device
and the mac_scsi driver: the driver should now fall back to PIO
automatically (without corrupting data).

Note that PDMA is around 5 times faster than PIO (on a IIfx). So you may
want to use a different disk with your SE/30. The latest mac_scsi driver
was tested with a wide range of targets.

HTH.