Re: Amigas with both Zorro-II and Zorro-III RAM?

Hi Christian,

Am 10.12.2018 um 08:26 schrieb Christian T. Steigies:
On Wed, Dec 05, 2018 at 01:59:07PM +1300, Michael Schmitz wrote:
Johny,

no, that would still allow normal use of both FastRAM and RAM expansion in
the Zorro-III slot, from what I can tell (assuming the kernel is loaded to
FastRAM - thanks Ingo for the memory map).

This is about testing kernel behaviour where Zorro-II RAM was excluded from
use as system memory, which worked fine up to conversion of m68k from
bootmem to memblock.

We'd need both Zorro-II RAM and FastRAM (or Zorro-III RAM).

So the A3k is booting. It has two SCSI disks, one of them I put into a PC so
that I can copy the files required for the test. There is no Linux installed
on the machine, just the basic AmigaOS3.1. Where do I get a kernel image
(and meory map?) to test?

I'll build one with Geert's latest version of this patch. Don't think we need a memfile with your combination of RAM modules.

Cheers,

	Michael

There are already several expansion boards built in, I would need to shuffle
them around for the GVP board, the memory modules are too tall to fit into
the bottom slow. Is there a trick to pull out a board without taking out the
bridge/raiser board first?

In case video RAM is suitable for testing, maybe one of the already built-in
board would do. There is an Ariadne, an S3 based video card it seems, and
something which looks like a parallel and serial connector. On the next boot
I should write down the IDs to identify the boards... would the video card
be sufficient for the test?

Just to make sure, a standard A3k has Z-III RAM (built-in)?

Christian