Re: libc6:m68k 2.28-1

On 12/7/18 7:27 AM, Finn Thain wrote:
> That's -ENOENT from stat(2) from cp(1) when running under qemu-user,
> right?
>
> Can you stat these files using native tools (to bypass qemu-user, m68k
> libc, etc) and confirm their presence?

The interesting part is that "cp -a foo/* bar/" of these files works on
the command line. What does not work is when this happens inside
debian/rules.

> I'll need to try downgrading the same packages, to see whether that
> affects the -ECHILD failure from dash, because it's not clear that libc is
> the cause of both errors.

I am currently bisecting glibc. When building glibc from git with 2.28
installed, I am getting similar strange "No such file or directory"
errors.

> Maybe you already tried that? Regardless, I think I was wrong to blame
> dash for this: it seems that man fails in a similar way to dash. That is,
> -ECHILD from waitpid...
>
> # man man
> man: waitpid failed: No child processes

Maybe it's a problem with signal delivery in both cases?

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz